Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Plea for assistance

For the last 13 days, I have been sending out blogs to let you know where I am at and how I got there.  I hope the blogs are interesting; however, they have just been about me and my travels.  The time has come for me get past the ups and downs of getting from one place to another.  I need to focus on what our real goal is and that is to help some very needy kids.  God has used this journey for many different, and positive, events in my life and the lives of the people I meet, and He will continue to do that.  With that said, I need help.  In the last few days I have contacted many newspapers, TV stations,  churches, and Christian schools.  Not one of them has called me back.  People are extremely busy, but for this program to work successfully it is going to take patience and persistence.  This is my thought and to explain it I am going to give the following example:  I am going to be going east from Arizona to Florida for the next four months.  Let's say Henry from anywhere, America is following this project, and he believes in what we are doing.  Henry has a friend in a small East Texas town of 5,000 people.  So, Henry contacts his friend, and his friend also feels that this project is worthwhile, and agrees to help with it.  The friend coordinates speaking engagements with different groups in his community.  It could be his church, a public or private school, a civic group, nursing home, library, etc. Henry might spend one or two hours on this, and his friend might spend as much 10 hours on it.  I come into town on a Wednesday, and leave on a Monday morning and we sell 100 books, which generates $600. That $ can feed, clothe, and educate two kids for a whole year. The question we have to ask ourselves, is it worth it for Henry to spend a hour or two and his friend to spend 10 hours to change two little kids lives forever?  This is not even mentioning all the other positive things that happen out of this process.  What if Henry's friend lived close to a large city, and not only did he line up speaking engagements, he also got the media involved.  The friend can do this because he has several weeks lead time to put it all together. I think you can see the potential power of many people spending very little time to make something very successful for the simple goal of helping some very needy kids.  What I am asking you to do, is to be a Henry.  If you would like to explore this thought further, please email me at walking4kids@gmail.com.  Thank you for considering being a part if this.  Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!