Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 20

Tuesday 11/15/11 Day 20:  51 miles   2,161 total
(I am in Rodeo, NM.  I just got service back, so I will catch up on blogging.)

Jim gave me a ride all the way to Bisbee, AZ.  It's a very interesting old mining town. Pic. is of an open pit that was closed in the 70's. However, the mining is pretty much gone, and has been replaced with tourism and a lot of old hippies.  I saw a lot of characters running around.  The reason I came to Bisbee, was because a local guy who has a talk radio program wanted to do an interview.  He ended up calling me, and said he has been real sick and that they were not going to be able to do it for a few days.  Since I needed to be in Douglas he said he wanted me to start sending him pictures and he would do a phone interview now and then.  Nice guy, hope we can do something in the future.  I caught a couple rides into Douglas and did a newspaper interview with the Douglas Dispatch.  It will be on their web page on Wed. of next week.  I walked a few miles out of town and found some bushes and cactus and set up camp without the tent for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!