Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 6

Tuesday, 11-1-2011:  I had my thumb out early this morning, as I had two flat tires on my trailer.  I stood beside the road  for over six hours and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get a ride.  Finally, Randy picked me up and told me the reason I couldn't get a ride.  About a mile before my intersection was a sign posted by the state telling drivers not to pickup hitchhikers because of a prison near by.  That was funny to me.  It is hard enough to get a ride.  Randy took me to a auto parts store to get patch kit.  He then took me to his house where he had a compressor to fix the tires.  He gave me water, a marine knife, and a ax handle.  He said he wanted me to have these weapons because I was going to be camping in bear country, and the bears were pretty aggressive this time of year.  After that, Randy took me into town and bought me a wonderful Mexican dinner.  After dinner, he drove me 20+ miles into the Sierras.  He is one nice guy and really went out of his way to help me.  I set up camp for the first time in the daylight and it was great!  I saw no bears, however, I learned not to set my tent up in dry leaves as little critters make a racket messing around half the night.  I had a few deer check me out also.  It was a very clear, and cold night.  Six days in and it is going well.  44 miles  698 total

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!