Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 21

Wednesday 11/16/11, Day 21:  50 miles  2,211 total
It was pretty cold during the night, but the skies were nothing short of amazing.  It was a great star watching night.  My water bottle froze and everything had frost on it.  After the sun came up enough for me to dry everything out, I started walking with my thumb out at the same time.  I was headed for Las Cruces, NM, or anything in between.  After several miles of walking, I finally got a ride about 1:30 PM.  This ride will probably go down as one of the worst.  I needed the ride and am grateful for it, but this man was completely nuts.  He hated everything and everyone.  He went on a tirade for 40 minutes about everything from Vietnam to Pres. Obama to border patrol to everything else he could think of.  He was big into talking about killing people, so I just let him vent.  He drove me into Rodeo, NM.  He offered for me to come out to his place in the boonies; I told him thanks but Rodeo was just right for me.  He hated everyone in Rodeo too.  I had lunch/dinner at a little cafe that was the other half of an even smaller grocery store.  I walked down the road to a RV/Cabin place and the lady who owned it gave a me a spot to put up my tent for $5.00.  After the first night, when she found out what I was doing, she told me if I wanted to stay, the next night was free.  More about Rodeo tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!