Wednesday, April 17, 2013

In Memory Of A Dear Friend

When I left on my journey 18 months ago I had no idea how lonely it would be at times.  I am so fortunate to have some good friends that would send me words of encouragement along the way and Susanne Maine was the best at doing that.  It was as if she knew I was down and needed a word here and there.  She was also the biggest encourager of my sense of humor, in fact I think she was the only one who actually enjoyed my wit.  I was fortunate to be able to go see Susanne and the rest of my chruch family in September of last year.  I was staying at the McGregor's which is about 40 miles from Susanne's home in Bandon.  One Tuesday she drove all the way out to get me and took me to hang out with her Tuesday Girls.  A bunch of very nice young ladies that Susanne spent time with every Tuesday.  Part of their Tuesday included serving coumunity meals to the needy.  That is where this picture was taken. That was just Susanne, always reaching out to help someone else. I am really going to miss my good friend.  I am so glad that she knows Jesus.
Blessings to her friends and family,
Dave Strege in South Sudan

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful tribute to Susie! I'm sure she's looking down from up above with a twinkle in her eye and a giggle under her breath. She's surely going to be missed by many of us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!