Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Days 120, 121

Saturday, Sunday  02/25, 26/12  Days 120, 121  58 miles 3,737
Sat. had my thumb out all day in town as I was advised not to get caught out side of town when it started getting dark. Only think I got was a sun burn and a motel room with a lot of issues.
Sunday morning head north hoping to find a church I was told about.  Came across Second Presbyterian Church and it was one of those I sure glad I did churches.  Real good Sunday school class and sermon.  The men all had suit and ties and they still welcomed me with kindness and interest. Also got a generous donation from Ken for the kids.  Got an invitation from Sonny and Patsy Peaster and had a scrumptious lunch with them and their attorney son, Rich. (Ham, grits, scrambled eggs, and biscuits:)  Really enjoyed these people.  Sonny is 75 years old and a retired farmer who still spends a lot time at the farm.  He gives me a ride 56 miles to Greenwood to insure I don't end up in an undesirable location.  This is one kind and wise man who I would try to hang out with if I ever had the chance. Walk and try to get ride until about 5 when I find a decent place to roll my bed roll out.  Very nice Sunday.  First picture is of Sonny and Patsy.  Second is from my bed roll just before the lights went out.

1 comment:

  1. We enjoy keeping up with you! I read your interesting posts to John David. May God continue to keep you safe and well - and place wonderful people in your path.
    Glenda and J.D.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!