Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 112

Friday  02/17/12  Day 112  35 miles  3,517 total
I was packing up when two men pull up to check out the river for fishing this weekend.  We end up talking and they end up offering me a ride to Ferriday, where I have an appt. for interview.  JJ and Shawn are working on a construction project only one block from the newspaper.  Wow!!!  After the interview I stop for something to eat and had my first ever sweet potato casserole.  It was OK.  Walk to the outskirts of town and the road really narrows so try getting a ride.  After about 30 minutes two teenage girls give me a ride right to the front door of the rv park I am staying at in Vidalia, La.  Another Wow!!!  Get a much welcomed hot shower and wash my clothes and go for a long walk on the Mississippi River.  I can't believe how big the barges are here.  The Red Neck TV Show is hosting a benefit for disabled kids and wounded vets at this park, so I hang out there for the evening.  Had my first ever gumbo and I loved it.  Two girls are Jasmine and Damisha, very nice girls who gave me a ride.  Bridge from Vidalia, La. to Natchez, Ms.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!