Friday, February 17, 2012

Days 109 to 111

Tues., Wed., Thurs.  02/14-16/12  Days 109 to 111  50 miles 3,482 total
It is not raining and I head out from my nice dry motel.  Don't have to wait long before a man who didn't want to give me his name takes me to Jena.  As I was walking two ladies stop and give me some money.  Couple hours later a man does the same.  Then a really nice lady named Rachel and her daughter Lily, give me some more money.  I didn't have my thumb out or anything else.  These people just wanted to help me and were real happy when I told them it all goes to the kids.  Got a great ride from a man named Tony.  He took me to a Corp. of Engineers boat ramp facility, near Archie, that was perfect for me to camp.  Got hammered with a major thunder, lightning and rain storm Wed. nite.  Everything got wet.  When I got there Tues. I text my pastor to let him know where I was at and he, tongue in cheek, text me back to watch out for snakes and alligators.  After I set up I walked to a gas station about a half mile away and when they found out where I was camping they told me to be careful, because that river is full of alligators. As must I looked for them, I never found any. Head toward Mississippi tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm that must my prophetic side coming out. (Once again tongue firmly in cheek)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week before Wendy's Tea - and I don't have anyone to do the hot water with Heather. Sounds like you are a little out of range this year. We will miss you. Keep on a walkin'...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!