Monday, April 30, 2012

Days 181 - 183

Thursday, Friday, Saturday   04/26, 27, 28/12
It was great to stay at Marilyn and Bill's last night.  It was very nice of them to reach out to me.  Walked to Cuppa Joe for a wonderful breakfast of biscuits and gravy and then went to Connie's sisters office.  Deb and her brother Pat run a company that is involved in the oil industry.  I had met Deb the day before and she introduces me to Pat.  Deb had asked Pat to take the greenhorn from Oregon out to see a drilling rig and that is what we did.  Pat takes me to several places, finish with a long visit to an operating oil well drilling rig.  I was like a little kid the first time he goes to Disneyland.  They have a four man crew and these guys rock and roll.  I was impressed.  Had a great time with Pat and later  Connie helped me move my stuff into Rosalie's guest house.  I don't know how to act.  What a kind gesture.  I am going to hit book 2 hard while I am here.  Friday I worked on the book and got to play pinochle with Connie and Rosalie.  What a kick.... I haven't played pinochle in many years.  Saturday was book 2 and a little golf on TV.  First picture is of the Roughnecks that I got to watch.  These guys are amazing.  The small mountain on the right is Toby and he runs this crew. Pat and Toby taught me a lot of things about the oil industry that I had no clue about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!