Monday, April 23, 2012

Days 174, 175,176

Thursday, Friday, Saturday  04/19,20,21/12  Days 174, 175, 176
While I was brushing my teeth this morning the wind blew my tent down.  I hope Pastor Dennis's offer to stay at his place is still there.  I pack a few things and head for town.  Jacque opens the library at 10 and that is when she has an appointment for me with Mike from the local paper.  Mike does a nice interview and then invites me to their weekly Lions Club meeting for lunch.  Met everyone and had a nice lunch and after they have their meeting  they give me 15 minutes to share what I am doing, which went very well.  After the meeting Gus, (Alison's husband) took me out to my fallen tent and we load up everything in his pickup and head for Dennis's who I had already confirmed the fact that I could batch with him while his wife was in Boise, Idaho visiting their son's family.  Dennis sets me up in a real nice room and I am in the clover again. Dennis and his wife were in the mission field for 31 years.  I have tons of questions and we have a great dinner and conversation.  Friday had a great lunch with Alison and Gus.  Sat. I got to enjoy men's breakfast with a bunch of nice guys and they let me share the journey and then we work at the church the rest of morning.  Jetmore is a special town of less than 1,000 people and I am enjoying it very much here.
First picture of a Jacque at the library.  What a dear lady.  Second is of the tent the night before the wind flattened it.  Third is of Pastor Dennis and his Buell motor cycle just before he heads out to visit someone in the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!