Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Days 168 to 171

Friday to Monday  04/13 to 16/12  Days 168 to 171 
I got into Dodge City around 7AM and walked to Watersport Campgrounds.  Dena and Sherri were real nice to me and I set my tent up.  This place has showers, laundry and only about a mile from all the history stuff I want to see.  I do an interview with Don at the local paper, get some food and a shower and crash for the rest of the day.  Sat. walk around a bit and write and read.  Article in paper came out and he did a good job.  Sunday I went to a very old and cool Presbyterian church in down town Dodge.  Bunch of real nice people, but they are really struggling with attendance.  Met a real nice couple and they took me out to lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant and I loved it.  Bob is a Dr. and his wife Clarice is a teacher for talented and gifted students, K to 4th and their son Bryce is a senior in HS.  After lunch Bob took me sightseeing to some places that I can't get to by walking.  I sure enjoyed these people.  Got my taxes done this afternoon.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute.  Monday went to a cool little zoo and more roaming.  This town is full of history and they have done a great job of putting it altogether for tourist.  I am not a tourist, I am a sojourner, right? First pic. is real cool sculpture, second is Bob, Clarice,  and Bryce.  Third is a very laid back tiger at the zoo. Oh I forgot to mention I have been dodging tornadoes and wind storm since I got to Dorothy and Toto land.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!