Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Days 238 & 239

Saturday & Sunday  06/23, 24/12  Days 238, 239  54 miles  8,029  Total
Sat. morning I tried to get a ride out of Ft. Robinson and gave up after a few hours and decided to head out into the country.  It is hot and I have limited water and I know I can't make to the next town on foot.  I will only go so far and head back the next day if I don't get a ride.  Walk several miles until the knee says no more.  About three o'clock, Kim, a Man from Michigan gives me a ride to Lusk, Wy.  Interesting guy dealing with a lot of issues.  He sure saved my bacon.  Went to a community church service in the city park Sunday. Didn't meet anyone Sunday, but did meet some real cool people Sat. First picture is of a long horn bull and a few of his friends.  They were on one side of the road and on the other was a small herd of donkeys and and a larger herd of bison, but I couldn't get close to them.  Second is of 84 year old John, aka Cowboy.  He probably had more personal stories of the true west than anyone I have met so far. Try to make it to New Castle tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!