Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 235

Wednesday  06/20/12  Day 235  42 miles  7,975  Total
Good bye to the great little town of Hemingford.  After 4 hours of trying to get a ride I was only 10 minutes from walking toward Ft. Robinson when Aaron from the newspaper pulled up and told me I would have a better chance of getting to Ft. Rob. if he took me to an intersection about 12 miles out of town.  After he dropped me off I only had to wait about an hour before Tony and Ernesto pick me up.  Tony is a rancher, farmer, trucking company owner, hay contractor and he took the time to pick me up.  We end up going to his ranch to work on a semi that is down.  After a couple hours he realizes that he is going to have to replace the engine at a cost of over $20,000.  Tony is a very interesting man with a calmness under pressure that is very rare.  Got to know Ernesto pretty good, but it broke my heart when I found he was up to his eye balls in a cult.  Got to Ft. Robinson about 7:30 and set up my tent only about 500 yards from a herd of bison.  First picture is of Jeannie and Larry, the people who let me stay in their very nice guest house for a few days.  Second is of some horses that I chatted with while waiting for a ride from Tony.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!