Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 40

Monday, 12/5/11:              3 miles    2,782 total


I left Snyder this morning, with a goal of making it to Roby or Anson, Texas, but only made my way to a truck stop about three miles out of town.  The temp was in the high 20's, with horizontal snow, because the wind was blowing 15 to 20 mph.  I got the thumb out in a very good location, but after several hours I, literally, had to give up.  I was so sure I would get a ride here!  It is so cold; why wouldn't someone stop and give a old man a ride?  I don't know, but it didn't come to pass today.  I was determined to get a ride, but gave up when I couldn't stop shivering and started to show signs of hypothermia.  I decided to dip into the savings account and get a room and thaw out.  I’m not going to do anyone any good if I get real sick.  Tomorrow will be a better day!  The sign behind the tree says "Git-R-Done".  That didn't happen for me today.

1 comment:

  1. Brother Dave our prayers are with you...if you need anything please call us to josh's #. And yes please stay warm cause if you do get sick it will do no one any good..we want to see you get there.ladies from the library say HI DAVE!!!

    Josh & Mari

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!