Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 34

Tuesday, 11/29/11:            25 miles  2,675  total
Chris, an oil industry salesman, gave me a ride from Stateline to Seminole, TX.  He gave me his card and told me to call him if I ever needed anything.  I walked into town and saw a library sign.  I wanted to see if I could find an RV park and if they would let me set up my tent.  I found one that looked good on the internet, and asked a library employee if she knew where it was.  She saw my Bible in my pocket and said, “You are a Christian aren't you?”  Ten minutes later, she had talked to her husband, and I ended up staying at their place for the night.  Mary and Josh fed me and gave me a warm place to sleep.  The next morning Josh brought me coffee, breakfast burritos, and a sandwich for the road.  They are very nice people and you will have to buy book 2 to read about their family and the church they have built on their property. I might not be selling too many books, but I am sure meeting a lot of nice people.  West Texas is wide open and flat; big oil, cotton, and peanut country.

This is not a great picture, but gives you an idea of how flat it is.

3 comments:

  1. Good Morning Dave! Happy Friday!!! Hey it's Tarrin from Cottonwood, AZ! Great to hear about your fortune at the Library on Tuesday! Your trip is really teaching me (again)how many wonderful people there are out there in this great country of ours! It reaffirms my faith (again) in the Lord and how He works in mysterious ways and fills our cup each and every day! I hope your weekend goes well and you continue your journey in peace and safety! Love ya man!! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello brother Dave, Josh and I are very happy to hear that you are doing well..we were already worried because we had not seen you blog..you let us know if you need anything on your jouney..Take care brother and stay safe...sent you an e-mail under sammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi brother Dave, Josh and I are very happy to see that you have blogged....we are very happy we were able to meet such a wonderful person like you, we keep you in our prayers and may the lord keep you safe in your journey...God Bless you for what you are doing..cant wait to see your next blog...oh the ladies at the library are happy to hear that you are doing well...I also posted your web page on my facebook..letting others know..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!