Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 35

Wednesday, 11/30/11:             41 miles 2,716 total

I walked a few miles east from Mary and Josh's place, and Peter, a Mennonite cotton and peanut farmer, picked me up.  I really liked Peter and we had a very nice conversation about his church, farm, and family.  He took me all the way to Lemesa, which ended up being 24 miles out of his way.  I unloaded my gear and we said our goodbyes.  He turned around and pulled up next to me and said he wanted me to take some money.  I told him any money I get goes to kids and he was fine with that.  He gave me enough to feed, cloth, and educate a little guy for two whole months.  I stood there for several minutes after he pulled away, as it blew me away.   I called the local paper and told the lady, who answered the phone, what I was doing.  In less than 15 minutes, a very nice lady by the name of Regina from the Lamesa Press Reporter, met me where I was at and did an interview.  As she was finishing up the interview, another lady pulled up.  I thought she was a friend of Regina's, but apparently she saw the sign on my little cart and wanted to know if she could donate some money.  She gave me $10 and drove away.  In less than thirty minutes God blessed me with these three people and their generosity.  I walked for several miles out of Lemesa without getting a ride, so I set up my tent behind a tree.  Being able to set up the tent was nice because of the wind.  Awesome day!!!!

This picture is of my cart, on the road between Seminole and Lamesa, TX.

1 comment:

  1. Dave, looks as if you are making head way on the trip. You know I am watching every move you make. The pictures are a big addition to the blogs. Let me know about the interviews and the names of the papers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!