Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Days 202 to 206

Friday to Tuesday 05/18 - 22/12  Days 202 to 206  211 miles   7,567 Total
I had to leave Ness City today.  Going to miss this special group of people very much.  Connie and I did a sight seeing tour through several Kansas towns and state parks in a 211 mile, two day journey to Stockton, Kansas.  Connie got us separate rooms in Colby and Stockton and went to church with me Sunday at main Street Christian Church.  I have been blessed with the opportunity to meet and become close to some very wonderful people on this journey. Connie is one of the kindest and most generous people I have ever met and I sure am blessed for knowing her.  It was hard to watch her drive away Sunday afternoon.  In the past all of the proceeds we have generated has gone to three organizations for their general fund.  Tuesday I was able to send off two checks for $360 each to sponsor two kids for a whole year.  First was in the name of Jetmore/Hanson Methodist Church  and second was in the name of Connie, Rosalie, Rick, Deb, and Sandy of Ness City.  What a good feeling and it makes everything worthwhile.  Swelling in my knee is going down and doesn't hurt near as much to walk on so will probably head for Nebraska soon.  I pray that you all have a wonderful Memorial weekend.  First picture is of a baby Robin looking at me with disdain.  Second is of a wide open Kansas road.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dave. I'm just checking in to see where you are and how you are doing. Sorry the knee is giving you some trouble, one thing about the wide open Kansas highways, not a lot of mountains to climb,(but not a whole lot of shade either....:)I think of you every day, always good to know you are meeting positive, supportive people who are helping with your cause and your journey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!