Monday, October 31, 2011

Day 3

Sat. 10-29-11:  This, by and large, was a pretty tough day.  I walked uphill to the outskirts of Brookings, OR, and after four hours of trying, I got a ride from a Indian named Wally.  (He called himself an Indian, not a native American).  Very nice man.  We had a good conversation about family, and he ended up taking me all the way into Cresent City, CA which was about 16 miles out of his way.  I walked through Cresent City and after 3 or 4 hours of trying to get a ride, I found a secluded spot and layed up for the night.  I couldn't set up my tent, but the sky was grand.  I will try to make it to Redwood Valley tomorrow.  Isn't God amazing?
26 miles  177 total

1 comment:

  1. Lord Bless you Dave. Your in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for keeping us posted and it's nice to read your updates. Happy Trails our friend!
    Debbie & George

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a comment. It lets us know you have stopped by our blog and what you think. We would appreciate it if you add your name to your post so we know who you are. :)

If you have any questions, please send an email and we will reply. Have a blessed day!